Carrot Cakeoriginal recipe found at: http://www.sweetandsavoryfood.com/search/label/made-from-scratch%20carrot%20cake
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1/3 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
Ingredients- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13 in. baking pan.
- Grate the carrots.
- In a stand mixer or large bowl cream together sugar, eggs, oil and applesauce.
- Then add in remaining ingredients, folding in the carrots, walnuts, and raisins last.
- Pour the batter in the pan and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, make the frosting by mixing together the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla. Frosting should be nice and thick.
- Once cake has cooled spread frosting over the cake.
- Keep cake covered and it will stay fresh for a few days.