Good-For-You Chocolate Brownies
adapted from the following recipe http://www.allwhiteseggwhites.com/recipes/good-for-you-triple-chocolate-brownies-recipe/0147
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stir together flour, sugar, brown sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt until well mixed.
- Stir in applesauce, egg whites, canola oil, melted baking chocolate and vanilla just until well mixed; careful not to over stir.
- Add in chocolate chips and blend into mixture.
- Spread brownie mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.