Since my sister can't share in my love of baked banana goods, I made these banana chocolate chip cookies and brought them to work to share with my co-workers and they were a big hit! So, hopefully, you enjoy this recipe as much as I did (and my co-workers did)! These cookies were soft, chewy, and just so delicious! With no white flour or oil, and just small amounts of sugar and butter, these are pretty healthy for a cookie as well!
Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
Original recipe found on sparkrecipes.com
- 4 small-medium ripe bananas
- 4 tablespoon butter (I used no-salt butter)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degree farenheit.
- Mash bananas and set aside.
- Mix together eggs, butter, vanilla, and mashed bananas in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda.
- Mix all the ingredients together. Once well-blended, add chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon size balls and put on non-stick cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 13 minutes.
I doubled the original recipe and I was glad I did because it did not make as many as it said. I have used the measurements for the doubled recipe above, so you use right the measurements. Plus, whatever, you can't eat now, throw in the freezer and eat later!