Another great thing about this recipe... it all cost under $10! The recipe could feed an entire family. All you need to worry about is adding any toppings you want, and maybe whipping up a side of cornbread.
adapted from Betty Crocker's Slow Cooker Cookbook
- 1 can (15 or 16 ounces) spicy chili beans in sauce, undrained
- 1 can (15 or 16 ounces) pinto beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 or 16 ounces) dark red kidney beans, drained (I used low-sodium)
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) chili-style chunky tomatoes, undrained (I used no salt added diced tomatoes)
- 1 large onion- chopped (I just cut in half so I can easily remove after cooking. I don't like onions)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Optional: 1 or 2 jalapeno (left whole to easily remove after cooking)
- Mix Ingredients in a 3 1/2 to 6-ounce slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 5 to 6 hours.
- Stir well before serving.
- Add any toppings that you'd like (sour cream, cheese, tortilla chips)
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do.