As with any cookie recipe, measurements should be as exact as possible. Once you stray from the recipe, you alter the chemistry of the cookie. Therefore, I do not recommend diverting from this recipe. However, it's delicious, so you shouldn't have to change a thing.
- 1 cup butter or margarine (I used no salt butter)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk (I used non-fat milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, blend butter (or margarine), sugar, and eggs until light and fluffy.
- Add in milk and vanilla until smooth to mixture, then blend.
- Add flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls.
- Roll balls in cinnamon and sugar topping.
- Place balls on cookie sheet, inches apart.
- Bakes cookies until done (10 to 12 minutes).
- Let the cookies cool.
Happy Holidays!!! xoxox