The only problem is that it's impossible to shop for him! He's the man who has everything. So, for Father's Day this year, I decided to bake cookies for him instead, because I don't think anyone can ever have enough cookies ;)
Oatmeal Raisin Cookiesoriginal recipe found at: http://mybakerlady.com/2012/06/20/perfect-oatmeal-raisin-cookies/
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 rounded teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- Combine eggs, vanilla, and raisins in a small bowl, cover and let stand for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a large bowl cream the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar together.
- In another bowl sift together the flour, cinnamon, and baking soda, stir into creamed mixture.
- Stir in raisin mixture, and rolled oats.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of dough onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until just set on the edges.
- Cool 10 minutes on the cookie sheet, then remove to a cooling rack.
Hope you all enjoy. If you want to stay true to the original recipe, then use regular butter sticks and all white flour instead of partial whole wheat flour. I tried to make this recipe healthy, and they turned out delicious!!