Healthy Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
adapted from a recipe found on www.sparkrecipes.com
- 2 cups all-purposes flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 5 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup soy milk (I used light soy milk)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (I used freshly squeezed juice)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degree Fahrenheit and lightly grease a muffin tin
- Mix the dry ingredients (the first five) together and create a well in the middle.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the "well" and mix until just moistened.
- Fill tins 3/4 full and bake for 23-27 minutes.
This recipe makes about 12 regular size muffins, or 24 mini muffins. These are so delicious!
Hope you enjoy!