BBQ Chicken Quesadilla w/ Corn, Tomato, and Avocado Salad
(makes 1 quesadilla and 1 small salad)
For the Quesadilla:
- 2 whole wheat flour tortillas
- 2 tbsp. BBQ sauce, any
- 1/2 cup cooked, shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
For Dipping: (optional)
2 tbsp. light ranch dressing
For the Salad:
- 1 cup spring mix
- 1/4 cup corn (fresh or thawed)
- 1/4 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup avocado, chopped
- 1 tsp. chopped cilantro (optional)
For the Dressing:
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
Spread 1 tbsp. BBQ sauce on 1 quesadilla. Top with cheddar cheese, then chicken, then mozzarella cheese. Spread another tbsp. BBQ sauce on second tortilla and place on top of the first.
Combine corn, tomatoes, avocado, and cilantro in a bowl. In a small bowl, whisk extra-virgin olive oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper until well blended. Pour dressing over corn mixture and stir. Place 1 cup of spring mix on a plate and spoon corn mixture over.
This is a really great, light summer dinner!