Spinach Salad w/ Chicken, Avocado, Feta, and Pine Nuts
aka The Power Salad!
adapted from a recipe by RecipeGirl.com
- 2-3 cups baby spinach
- 1/3 cup corn (I used sweet frozen corn and thawed quickly in the microwave)
- 1 cup cooked, shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- 2 tbsp. toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 hard-boiled egg, sliced
- 2 tbsp. dressing of your choice (tonight I used a light Blue Cheese dressing)
1. Thaw frozen corn in microwave for 45 sec to 1 min. Add baby spinach to a large bowl. Prepare all other ingredients as stated above.
2. To toast the pine nuts, place them in a small pan (I use a single egg pan!) and heat over medium for 3-5 minutes, tossing frequently. Keep an eye on them so they don't burn! When they are done they will have a nice golden color.
3. Begin adding ingredients to the bowl in layers, starting with corn and ending with hard boiled egg. Drizzle 2 tbsp. of the dressing of your choice over the top!
NOW DIG IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)